Maintaining your home’s HVAC system is important, especially in a hot and humid place like Beaufort, SC. If you’re looking to improve the overall efficiency of your home, consider upgrading to a ductless HVAC system. You may be surprised at the many applications and benefits of these systems.
Applications of a Ductless System
Ductless HVAC systems are extremely flexible and can work in small spaces, family homes or commercial properties of any size. Even if you don’t have vents and traditional ducts in place, a ductless HVAC system may be the way to go to save on costs while minimizing energy usage and waste. Whether you’re building a new home or even adding a new addition to your living space, you can install a ductless HVAC system.
Ductless HVAC solutions are also optimal for structures where there are no existing ducts or vents available. Both commercial and residential properties without existing ductwork benefit from a ductless system. That’s because they don’t require as an extensive and invasive installation process as traditional HVAC systems.
Another reason to consider going ductless in your home is if you have a ducted HVAC system that experiences repeated issues. Ducted HVAC systems may:
- Not work as efficiently over time.
- Require regular cleaning and ongoing maintenance.
- Not provide even air distribution throughout your home.
If any of these issues are interrupting your way of life or causing your bills to skyrocket, it may be time to consider a ductless HVAC system.
Benefits of a Ductless System
Choosing to install a ductless system is advisable for anyone interested in living a more sustainable way of life. It’s also great for those who want to reduce their monthly energy bills. Some of the most common benefits of investing in a ductless HVAC system include:
- Reduced spending: One of the biggest draws of a ductless HVAC system is the reduced energy bills you receive each month. In many cases, the installation of a ductless HVAC system can reduce monthly electric bills by up to 50 percent.
- Reduced energy waste: In addition to saving money on your electric bill, you can also reduce the amount of energy your home uses and wastes each day. You’ll lower your carbon footprint by installing the right ductless system.
- Improving indoor air quality: A ductless HVAC system and setup is optimal if you want to improve the overall indoor air quality of your home. That’s because the system itself is optimized to provide multi-stage filtration solutions without allowing dust, debris, pollen and other items to build up within your home’s traditional vent system.
- Maximum flexibility: Ductless systems are extremely flexible and can work with just about any property structure, regardless of its size and the number of existing vents that are in place.
- Quick and simple installation: Ductless HVAC systems are easy to install. The process is much faster than traditional HVAC systems because they don’t require extensive ductwork.
Choosing the Right Ductless System
Of course, finding the right ductless system for your space is important. When choosing a model, you’ll want to consider the size and number of zones you want to cool. Also, different models have different noise levels, filters and aesthetics.
Are you looking to add a ductless HVAC system to your home in Beaufort, SC? We can help you choose the right product and complete the installation. Contact Howell-Chase Heating & Air Conditioning to discover how a ductless system may be right for your home. We look forward to helping you maximize comfort and efficiency while minimizing your energy costs and impact on the environment.
Image provided by iStock